SocEnv continue free, cross-disciplinary, expert webinars
The latest series delivered by the Society for the Environment (SocEnv) as the enticing umbrella topic of "A Sustainable Built Environment". The three, one-hour webinars that make up this new series will provide cross-disciplinary knowledge transfer opportunities for environmental professionals and beyond.
Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) registrants with roles in professional bodies, universities, major infrastructure projects and independent consultancies will deliver expert talks on sub-topics including; professionalism in arboriculture, the role of research, materials for High Speed 2 (HS2), enabling innovation and SuDS.
While the CEnv speakers and those linked with their work are specialists in fields under the same umbrella of the build environment, they will provide the perspectives from different sectors, which makes for an interesting debate. The free webinars are available for all to attend, last for a maximum of one hour and use a simple platform for you to watch and engage with the speakers - ideal for some lunchtime learning for those in the UK or similar time zones.
To find out more and/or register for a webinar or three, please click on the relevant links below:
Part 1 | 11.02.2020 @ 12.00
Professionalism in Arboriculture – The Key to Successful Urban Trees
- By John Parker CEnv - Technical Director @ Arboricultural Association
Changing the Game for a Sustainable Built Environment – Innovation, Collaboration and Playing in Teams
- By Lynne Ceeney CEnv - Managing Director @ Lytton Consulting Ltd
Part 2 | 27.02.2020 @ 12.00
Laying the Foundations for Healthy Homes and Buildings
- By Andrew D Thompson CEnv FRICS - Senior Lecturer in Building Surveying @ Anglia Ruskin University
- Andrew will be joined by two colleagues - Dr Maryam Imani and Professor Keith Jones - to provide insight into Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) management and resilience to disaster events.
Part 3 | 12.03.2020 @ 12:00
Soil Management and Sustainable Construction on HS2
- By Vaughan Redfern CEnv - Principal Environmental Consultant @ Atkins / HS2 Ltd
HS2 Talk #2 TBC
- By Mark Fenton CEnv - Climate Change Specialist (Carbon) @ HS2 Ltd
Discover EngC and SocEnv registration