The eighth instalment of MS Motorservices’ ongoing series will focus on honing processes. Reiner Holwein will speak on serial production, the aftermarket, and provide a tailored insight from a leading equipment manufacturer. Reiner will also show how to adapt these methods to your business.
Content covered will include:
- Honing basics and tribology.
- Processes used today in serial production.
- Peak, laser, and plateau honing.
- Characteristics of different honing surfaces.
- Important surface parameters.
- Errors in geometry of cylinder bores.
- Tools for honing and testing.
- Machining faults and how to avoid them.
- To learn how the processes function.
- To be aware of possible honing errors.
- To understand current honing methods, and their advantages and disadvantages.
- To be aware of possible damages and their causes.
Please note that this is not a SOE event, and the link provided for the webinar will bring you through to a German website. This is a CPD event and certificates will be provided by MS Motorservice. This is a member only event and invitations are sent 1 hour before the presentation. Please email email@example.com should you have any questions.