We are excited to announce a webinar with EUR ING Ian C. Turner BSc CEng CEnv HonFSOE HonFIPlantE, who will introduce the key themes covered in his book Engineering Application of Pneumatics and Hydraulics. This has been recently republished for a second edition, and features updated guidance on safety legislation, codes of practice, technical standards and more. For more information you can view the flyer here.
In this webinar Ian will discuss:
- Updates since the first edition of the book
- The layout of the book and chapter references.
- Addition of new questions for the reader to attempt
- Updates to standards and standardisation organisations.
- Current UK safety regulations and guidance relating to fluid power systems
- Updates to PSSR (Pressure Systems Safety Regulations) and the associated Code of Practice along with other relevant HSE documentation.
- There will be time for a Q&A at the end of the session
Ian began his career as an engineering apprentice in the electrical industry and has in the past been a project manager and senior engineer with Anglian Water, BP International, the CEGB and the Greater London Council. He was also employed by Lloyds Register of Shipping as Senior Electrical Engineer Surveyor responsible for the design appraisal and assessment of safety related systems on marine and offshore installations worldwide. Ian is also a specialist in engineering and environmental technology across a wide range of industry, commercial and public service organisations including training, assessment, and verification.
This presentation is open to members only, so you will need to login to your MySOE before you can book online. If you have any questions, please contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reminders will be sent an hour before the presentation. If you sign up after this, please get in touch. This webinar will be recorded.