The aim of the Environmental Sector is to advance science and technology related to the field of environmental engineering. It provides a forum for co-operation and the exchange of information relating to professional activities associated with promoting an environmentally sustainable future by reducing the influence of human activity on the world-wide environment.
Sustainable activities embraced by the Environmental Sector include designing and maintaining products and systems in such a way as to minimise their impact on the environment. Activities also include the use of equipment, ensuring they have a satisfactory operational life and at the end of their planned lifespan they can be reused or recycled.
The goals of the Environmental Sector are to:
- Promote the establishment of knowledge and experience, on the effects of environments, pollution and contamination and how they impact equipment, structures, building and the population.
- Stimulate the establishment of knowledge and experience on the influences of human activities and technologies on the world-wide environment.
- Encourage the application of sustainable technologies and methodologies.
- Ensure the resilience and integrity of products and systems against environmental influences.
- Improve the application of best practices and standardisation related to environmental engineering.
Members of the SOE Environmental Sector are involved in:
- Applying and developing sustainable technologies and methodologies.
- Establishing engineering knowledge and experience on the effects and influences of equipment and environmental conditions.
- Design, testing, assessing, operating and maintaining both products and systems, to enhance their integrity, performance, reliability, service life, reusability and disposability.
- Collaborating in establishing and applying best practice and standardisation related to environmental engineering.
- Providing educational and training on environmental engineering as well as sustainable technologies and methodologies.
Members of the new environmental sector will benefit from special events and webinars on the latest developments in a fast-moving and complex area of activity. They will also have access to professional registration with the Society for the Environment. Details on how to join this sector will be available on this web page soon. If you have any questions in the meantime please email email@example.com
Society for the Environment expect to launch the professional registration in January.
The Society has confirmed that not-for-profit insurance provider PG Mutual has joined as a Corporate Partner.
Society's new committee member returns to talk about the appeal of environmental engineering for young people.