Tax Relief on Subscription

UK taxpayers

If you are working in a relevant occupation and are a UK taxpayer, you may be able to claim tax relief on your SOE subscription if you paid it yourself and your employer did not refund it. This also applies to your Engineering Council registration fee if applicable.

For further guidance, please visit the H.M. Revenue & Customs website.


The Financial Management Centre has written a handy guide which may help you save money on tax by using allowable deductions. Read the article here.

The views on the above website are by The Financial Management Centre and not the SOE.