SOE is working hard to improve the perception of engineering in schools and colleges, as well as among parents and the wider community. And we’re prioritising our efforts to get more young people involved in engineering as early as possible, and to see the value that a career in engineering offers.
As part of this, SOE is providing free membership to engineering students and apprentices in full time study, while graduate members can also benefit from discounted membership rates, in recognition of the next phase of their development, from student to professional engineer.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Student membership of SOE offers many significant benefits, including:
- Access to continuing professional development, career development, and training help and advice throughout your career
- Opportunities to connect with mentors to help you explore the wide range of engineering careers and how to get ahead
- Networking: SOE’s regional network holds over 250 events a year, across the UK, giving you the chance to meet and learn from respected professionals in your chosen field
- Regular access to highly respected professional publications and best practice guides: Engineering Careers, Plant Engineer and Transport Engineer, plus e-newsletters from SOE containing the latest industry news
- Once you graduate, you can also earn recognition of your expertise through registration with the Engineering Council – an internationally recognised benchmark of competence that entitles you to use your qualifications after your name
- Improved career prospects - in some places professional registration is a prerequisite for employment and advancement
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about how student membership of the SOE can help you with your future career, please contact our membership team on 020 7630 6666 / email@example.com
FEES FOR STUDENTS
|Student||£0.00 (available for a maximum of 4 years)|
|Graduate Year 1||75% off your annual membership subscription|
|Graduate Year 2||50% off your annual membership subscription|
|Graduate Year 3||25% off your annual membership subscription|
Download and complete the application form below
To check if you are eligible for our Student and Graduate membership please download the following document - Student and Graduate membership – eligibility criteria
If you would like to advertise our free membership for engineering students, apprentices or graduates who are working in your company why not download our poster.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
It’s important for all professional engineering institutions such as SOE to work closely with students to best understand the evolving needs and issues of those studying for a career in engineering. This helps us ensure that what we offer to students and young professionals is as relevant as possible.
In order to learn about what engineering students would like from membership of a PEI, and how we can support you at this crucial time in your life, we’d like to hear from you about your thoughts and ideas. Specifically, we’d like to know:
- What are your biggest concerns about graduating and starting to work in the engineering sector?
- In what areas do you feel you need most support as a student engineer?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Student membership ideas’ in the header.