SOE is now a licensed member of the Society for the Environment (SocEnv) and can award the Chartered Environmentalist qualification to suitably-qualified SOE members.
Who are SocEnv?
SocEnv is a non political, not-for-profit umbrella body for environmental and sustainability professionals, more information about SocEnv can be found via www.socenv.org.uk.
What is a Chartered Environmentalist?
Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) is the highest level of professional qualification available to environmental practitioners. CEnv recognises the high level of professionalism and competence of individuals working in environmental fields.
Chartered Environmentalists are drawn from no single profession. They work across industry, government, education and the public sector, share a commitment to environmental best practice and have a high degree of expertise in their field.
Chartered Environmentalists must:
- Use knowledge and understanding of the environment to further the aims of sustainable development.
- Analyse and evaluate problems from an environmental perspective, and develop practical sustainable solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership in sustainable management of the environment.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to professional standards, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment.
For more detailed requirements please download the following documents:
Annex A - Practice Direction 1 - Edition 6.04 February 2008
Annex B - Practice Guidance Notes Edition 1.02 February 2008
Annex C - Practice Direction 2 Edition 7 - July 2009
How do I get my CEnv?
To register for CEnv through SOE you must:
- Be a full (voting) member of SOE.
- Have a minimum of 12 units of knowledge and/or experience, which will include at least 4 years relevant experience, depending upon the level and duration of academic study.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, competence in and engagement with sustainable management of the environment.
- Agree to comply with the SocEnv Code of Ethics and CPD requirements of SOE.
CEnv application form
Annex E - App 1 - PRI Application Form
CEnv application payment form (debit card / credit card)
Direct Debit Form
Please send your completed application form, current CV and Debit Card / Credit Card payment to email@example.com.
SOE Hong Kong members should contact the Hong Kong Regional Group Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
CEnv Application Fee
CEnv application fee is £131.00*
*The CEnv application fee includes the first years annual fee
CEnv Annual Fee
CEnv annual fee is currently £37.50
Please direct any queries to email@example.com.