SOE is a licensed member of the Society for the Environment (SocEnv) and can award the Chartered Environmentalist qualification to suitably-qualified SOE members.
Who are SocEnv?
SocEnv is a non-political, not-for-profit umbrella body for environmental and sustainability professionals. More information about SocEnv can be found via: www.socenv.org.uk
What is a Chartered Environmentalist?
Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) is the highest level of professional qualification available to environmental practitioners. CEnv recognises the high level of professionalism and competence of individuals working in environmental fields.
Chartered Environmentalists are drawn from no single profession. They work across industry, government, education and the public sector, share a commitment to environmental best practice and have a high degree of expertise in their field.
Chartered Environmentalists must:
- Have a clear understanding of and be able to demonstrate sustainability.
- Use knowledge of the environment to further the aims of sustainable development.
- Analyse and evaluate problems from an environmental perspective, and develop practical sustainable solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership in sustainable management of the environment.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to professional standards, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment.
For more detailed requirements please download the following documents:
CEnv Practice Direction V3.7 Dec 2014
Guidelines for the application for Chartered Environmentalist via SOE
How do I get my CEnv?
To register for CEnv through SOE you must:
- Be a full (voting) member of SOE.
- Have a minimum of 4 years full time relevant work based practice.
- Have a Masters level degree or equivalent or be working at Masters level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, competence in, and engagement with, sustainable management of the environment.
- Agree to comply with the SocEnv Code of Ethics and CPD requirements of SOE.
- Submit a complete report including work history.
- Complete the PRI Application form including Personal Summary Report, Cross Mapping Form and include a CV with a career history.
Download and complete the following:
CEnv PRI Application form
CEnv application form
Please send your completed application to email@example.com. If you are sending an electronic application payment must be made by calling 0207 630 1111 or by sending a cheque.
SOE Hong Kong members should contact the Hong Kong Regional Group Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Fee Information
CEnv Application Fee
2017 CEnv application fee is £138.00*
*The CEnv application fee includes the first year’s annual fee
CEnv Annual Fee
2017 CEnv annual fee is currently £46.00
Please direct any queries to email@example.com.