Industry Partner members
Knorr-Bremse is the leading worldwide supplier of braking and suspension control systems for commercial vehicles. As an innovative developer of advanced electronic and pneumatic systems, Knorr-Bremse supplies virtually all leading vehicle manufacturers around the globe.
Our extensive expertise in the fields of electronic, pneumatic and mechanical engineering ensures a commitment to quality which continues through the development, production and delivery process, and after delivery: we offer quality-focused training and service throughout the entire life of our products.
In order to provide effective and professional support to our customers, we have concentrated our worldwide product and systems expertise into six Centres of Competence:
1. Compressors – compressed air is the medium used to operate pneumatic braking systems, suspensions and clutches.
– 1 or 2-cylinder compressors (engine driven)
– 2-stage, oil-free electrically driven compressor
2. Air Treatment – the air produced by a compressor must be treated before use in order to protect the entire pneumatic system from freezing and internal corrosion.
– Air dryers
– Air processing units (APU) - all air treatment functions into one piece of equipment
– Electronic Air Control system
3. Electronic Systems
– ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System)
– ASR (Traction Control)
– EBS (Electronic Braking System) integrates into a single system the basic brake control, ABS and ASR functions of a vehicle.
– ESP (Electronic Stability Program) - reduces the danger of vehicle instability (skidding,rollover, etc.) by selectively applying individual brakes and intervening in the engine management system.
– ELC (Electronic Levelling Control) – electronic chassis height regulation and adjustment.
– ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control)
4. Valves - control the supply of compressed air to the brakes and suspension.
– Foot brake and hand brake valves
– Relay valves
– Brake pressure control valves
– Trailer control valves
– Air suspension valves
5. Disc Brakes – slow a vehicle by applying the force generated by the brake actuator to the brake disc.
– Pneumatic disc brakes for commercial vehicles with gross weights of 6t to 44t or more. Applied typically in wheel sizes of 17.5”, 19.5” and 22.5” for buses, trucks and trailers.
6. Actuators – The brake actuator operates on the foundation brake to apply the brake linings or pads against the brake surface, slowing the vehicle or bringing it to a halt.
– A modular approach to brake actuator design for buses, trucks and trailers.
– Applications to suit drum, disc and wedge foundation brakes.